Damon and I spent the weekend in Duvall, Washington, where we hung out with our friends, ate delicious food around town, and attended the launch of our friends’ new travel app, Spotted Places (see their press release here). On our way back we stopped by Nordstrom so I could check out their new K Beauty Pop-in Shop, featuring curated Korean beauty products from brands like Ipkin, Too Cool for School, and Huxley. We had a great time on our little weekend road trip and every trip we take reinforces how much we enjoy spending time with each other.
Remember the flower crown that Damon gave me for my birthday? That’s the one I’m wearing in this post. I love it so much. In honor of Valentine’s Day, I want to share our 5 favorite ways to spend quality time together as a couple.
- Playing sports together: Damon and I play tennis in the summer and squash in the winter. We both enjoy being active and we’re both pretty competitive so sports is a great way for us to hang out. We joined an Ultimate Frisbee team together this season and even though I’m reluctant to go out in the cold it’s been great to have a recurring weekly activity together. I recommend joining a sports team with your significant other! Now that the days are getting longer, Damon will text me on his way home from work and ask me if I want to go for a run. I find running together outside by the sea wall so romantic! Playing sports and exercising together always puts us in a great mood.
- Working side by side: This one probably sounds opposite of “together” but it’s actually one of our favorite things. We sit and work side by side in our den/office – me on my laptop and Damon on his laptop. Even though we’re focused on different things I love being in the same space together. It’s perfect for me because I feel close to him and I’m being productive at the same time. Even when we first started dating we would sit on the couch together and read our books. It’s great to be together and do your own thing at the same time, you know what I mean?
- Cozying up and watching a movie at home: Or, more specifically, cozying up and spending 45 minutes picking a movie to watch at home and then realizing it’s too late to watch a movie so we watch an episode of The Office instead.
- Laughing together: I love comedy. When I’m not laughing at Damon’s jokes and when Damon isn’t laughing at the way I look sleeping on car rides we love to go to comedy shows. We watched Louis CK live recently and I’m SO excited that I have tickets for us to see my favorite comedian, Trevor Noah, in Vancouver at the end of the month!
- Going on trips together: Trips create shared experiences that bring people closer together. Damon and I have taken big trips (Spain) and small trips (Seattle this past weekend) and all of them are fun and meaningful memories. When we travel together we’re not only spending quality (and quantity) time together but we learn more about each other, talk about things that we never talked about before, make new friends together, and learn to resolve conflict when we get into fights about dumb things.
What are your favorite ways to spend quality time with your significant other?
Outfit details: Classic rose maxi dress ($5 off with code liu5) – similar, flower crown (similar), Steve Madden Carrson Sandal, Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in ‘Amazing Grace’
Photos by Petite Amie Photography